Monday, September 28, 2009

Never Work Alone

Never Work Alone

Paul chose Silas and departed, being commended by the brethren to the grace of God. And he went through Syria and Cilicia, strengthening the churches.
Acts 15:40-41

I want to share a secret with you. It's the greatest principle I've ever learned in the area of developing others. Here it is: Never work alone. I know that sounds too simple, but it is truly the secret to developing others. Whenever you do anything that you want to pass along to others, take someone along with you.

This isn't necessarily a natural practice for many of us. The most common learning model in the United States is when a leader asks questions or lectures while the follower listens and tries to comprehend the instructor's ideas. But craftsmen use a different model for developing others. They take apprentices who work along side them until they master their craft and are able to pass it along to others. Their model looks something like this:

I do it.
I do it - and you watch.
You do it - and I watch.
You do it.

In all the years I've been equipping and developing others, I've never found a better way to do it than this.

从来没有独立工作



保罗西拉斯和选择离开,正在向兄弟赞扬上帝的恩典。他经历了叙利亚和基利,加强教会。

行为15:40-41



我想与你分享秘密。这是最大的原则,我见过,在发展其他领域的经验教训。那就是:不要单独工作。我知道这听起来太简单了,但它是真正的发展别人的秘密。每当你做任何事,你要传给别人,采取与你一起的人。



这并不一定是对我们许多自然的做法。最常见的学习美国的模式是,当一个领导问问题或讲座,而跟随倾听,并试图理解教练的想法。但工匠用于发展其他不同的模型。他们采取学徒谁工作一直一边,直到他们掌握的工艺,并能够通过它传递给别人。他们的模型看起来像这样:



    我这么做。

    我是-你看。

    你这样做-我看。

    你这样做。



在所有这些年来我一直在装备和发展他人,我从来没有发现一个更好的办法能比这一点,。

No comments: